Advice for new-ish player
Igenlode Wordsmith
2022-07-31 19:31:01 UTC
In rec.games.roguelike.moria,
I've got a few invulnerability potions left over, so I might see if I
can bag an AMHD for the monster memory, but apart from that Cowslip the
Halfling Mage gets to enjoy a well-earned retirement.
You need to quit, I think, to get the winner tombstone. If you die
before then, it's not a complete win.
Yep, I went and killed an AMHD just for the heck of it (didn't really
even need the potions for it, since with two Rings of Speed you can
pillar-dance them), then quit to get the win screen and "died of Ripe
Old Age" tombstone :-)
Congratulations! :-)
--
Igenlode Visit the Ivory Tower http://ivory.ueuo.com/Tower/

We live in a culture in which being well-spoken is considered
proof of insincerity.
Keith Thompson
2022-08-03 18:18:23 UTC
Post by Igenlode Wordsmith
In rec.games.roguelike.moria,
[SNIP]
Post by Igenlode Wordsmith
Congratulations! :-)
Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?
--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.Thompson+***@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips
Igenlode Wordsmith
2022-08-04 06:54:03 UTC
Post by Igenlode Wordsmith
Congratulations! :-)
Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?
The usual reason for messages posted to the wrong conversation - obvious
user error :-(
--
Igenlode Visit the Ivory Tower http://ivory.ueuo.com/Tower/

"He uses the weapons a clever man can - a pistol, a sword and a jest"
Janis Papanagnou
2022-08-04 10:57:29 UTC
Post by Igenlode Wordsmith
Post by Igenlode Wordsmith
Congratulations! :-)
Is there any particular reason you posted this reply to comp.lang.awk
rather than rec.games.roguelike.moria?
The usual reason for messages posted to the wrong conversation - obvious
user error :-(
Quite some time ago I did the same thing (also here in this newsgroup,
IIRC), concerning rec.games.roguelike.nethack in my case. Funnily awk
users seem to have some relation to roguelikes? :-)

Janis