One True AWK bug?
j***@invalid.invalid
2024-05-22 01:48:45 UTC
<snip>
I noticed in this one-liner if the conditional in the print statement
--
$ printf 'foo\n\nbar\n' |nawk '{print $0 != "" ? $0 : "[blank]"}'
nawk: syntax error at source line 1
nawk: illegal statement at source line 1
--
<snip>
Just a followup: this got submitted as a open issue (#233) on the project
page and there is a patch available that provides a working fix which makes
nawk match mawk and gawk.

Appologies for the original post; I wasn't aware that it's more or less
the gawk project folks maintaining The One True Awk code and I know not
to post gawk bugs here.

-j
Kenny McCormack
2024-05-22 05:19:21 UTC
In article <v2jitt$rp23$***@dont-email.me>, <***@invalid.invalid> wrote:
Post by j***@invalid.invalid
Appologies for the original post; I wasn't aware that it's more or less
the gawk project folks maintaining The One True Awk code and I know not
to post gawk bugs here.
No apology needed. It's all good.

Perhaps you interpreted the lack of response to your post as some indicator
that there was some "topicality" issue with it. Please do not think that.
Sometimes, people just don't get around to posting.
--
Res ipsa loquitur.